Saturday 21 May 2016

How to Become Healthy.



          The other day, I bought an Indian equivalent of the foreign Horlicks. Like Complan, Bournvita and their cousins, it’s meant to bring me wealth.
The moment I declared that, Shri Husband and Bai Goanna laughed. Not the hahaha full of mirth laugh, but the hehehe ridiculing sort.
“Wealth, huh?” Bai Goanna smirked. “Drink the beverage and win a lottery through some coupon hidden in the powder?”

“Nah,” I started.
Bai Goanna stopped me short. She chortled: “The MNC magic has now shifted over to Indian products. Move over chyavanprash, the Art of Living and Patanjali entrepreneurs have come up with several desi varieties of health-foods.”
Shri Husband, ever ready to be in conflict with whatever is spoken:  “And why not?
Not the money kind: health is wealth, remember? Some ancients said that and these days we’re into retro wisdom, so we decided to invest in something that would keep illness at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment